|View Business Info||| Share:|
Continuous Improvement Specialist
Basic FunctionUtilizing Lean Principles, Lean Toolsets, PDCA and the 7 QC tools, lead continuous improvement teams on lean implementations and establish detailed action plans. Through data collection and analysis, along with operator input determine and establish best practices then train across shifts. Work with Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders on lean training and implementation in their respective areas of responsibility. Follow up on value stream and company metrics to ensure data collection and tracking are being maintained and utilized towards KPI continuous improvement strategies and goals. Work closely with all teams/departments on product and process improvements – assisting and engaging others in implementation plans and corrective actions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Train employees on the Lean Toolsets using power point presentations with the ‘train and apply’ technique.
- Develop cross-functional Kaizen Teams to solve problems, increase efficiencies and eliminate ‘waste’.
- Evaluate production processes through time studies, process mapping, value stream mapping, spaghetti mapping and work load balancing while creating a team oriented environment to implement process improvements.
- Through the use of the lean toolsets show process improvements in cycle time reduction, rework reduction, inventory reduction, overtime reduction, space reduction, on-time completions, talk time, etc.
- Evaluation: Utilizing PDCA cycles along with data analysis, root cause investigation and employee feedback, provide process improvement priorities and preliminary implementation plans to the CIS Manager and CIS Steering Committee.
- Work with Value Stream Managers on defining and improving product and process issues relating to the respective value streams (product lines).
- Procedures: On a continuing basis, develop procedures and update existing procedures. Advise the CIS Manager of suggested procedural improvements.
- Data collection and metrics: Assist in defining and collecting data for True North system, the value streams and work cells; maintain lean metrics and records, including data entry, tracking and control of documents.
- Perform other duties as qualified and assigned by the CIS Manager.
All duties must be performed in compliance with Company policies relating to safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree with two plus years of lean and/or continuous improvement background and experience.
- Minimal Bronze Lean Certified and/or Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with data collection and interpretation abilities.
- Ability to present to all levels of the organization and take feedback and ideas to incorporate into implementation plans.
- Perform work in an industrial environment with exposure to industrial noise, fumes, smoke, etc.
|Business Name:||Kolberg-Pioneer, Inc.|
|Contact:||Rhonda Kocer - Human Resources Manager|
|Street:||700 W. 21st St.|
|City/State/Zip:||Yankton, SD 57078|
|Local Phone:||(605) 665-9311|