POSITION: SALES ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT: SALES & MARKETING
With assistance from the product management group and the field sales force, direct, lead and manage project/systems type equipment sales opportunities including opportunities for nonstandard equipment. Develop and be able to present all documentation required for these opportunities including process flow analysis, equipment layout drawings and proposals. Assist other sales personnel in the development of production and operation cost data, product costing/pricing, sales tools, training materials, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
A. Manage projects involving all KPI-JCI & AMS products from inquiry to proposal to in-house management to post sale follow-up.
B. Insure JO accuracy as necessary.
C. Gather technical data and estimate costs as needed for nonstandard quotations.
D. Develop quotations for standard and nonstandard products.
E. Occasional travel relating to new applications review, proposal presentation, to attend trade shows and other product demonstrations.
F. Assist in the development and presentation of training information, programs, and sales tools to transfer equipment and applications knowledge to KPI staff and dealer personnel.
G. Assist the service department as necessary with respect to warranty resolution and service related issues.
H. Assist the product managers, sales managers, marketing personnel and others as necessary with the development of annual sales forecasts, determination of market potential and determination of market share estimates.
A. Handle incoming calls regarding applications inquiries for KPI products.
B. Advise KPI personnel, dealer personnel, and customers in proper equipment selection.
C. Gather the necessary information required to make equipment selections.
D. Coordinate any material testing required for proper equipment selection and wear cost analysis.
E. Write reports on material test results and equipment selection.
III. Product Development
A. Assist the product managers in gathering information to communicate with engineering, production, and service in areas of improved equipment design and cost reduction based on customer needs, equipment performance and competitive features.
B. Assist the marketing group with respect to competitive comparisons and market research as necessary.
C. Assist in preparing new product proposals that clearly define new equipment configuration, intended application, prototype tests programs, cost and sales targets.
1. Required to visit construction, quarry and industrial sites with exposure to dust, noise and weather elements; physically able to climb on equipment, aggregate stockpiles, etc.
2. Ability to manage stressful situations including equipment and/or process problem resolution with customers, dealer personnel, etc.
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
2. AutoCad/Inventor (or comparable software) knowledge and experience with 3D design software required.
3. Experience in the aggregates industry (preferable).
4. Project Management experience (preferable).
5. Operate office machines including personal computers.
6. Communicate effectively orally and written.
7. Good interpersonal relations skills when dealing with management, sales, dealers, customers, and inter-company personnel.
8. Understanding of sales and marketing principles relating to selling through regional sales managers and equipment dealers, price negotiations and follow-up on sales opportunities. Financial knowledge and experience desirable.
9. Willing to travel worldwide by air and auto as required (+/- 20 weeks per year), have valid driver’s license, be able to obtain a passport if necessary and must have the financial means to travel when required. Approved expenses will be reimbursed.
This description is intended only as a guide. Duties may change as required by varying work load and market needs.